Outdoor Soccer Registration is now closed.
Our Spring Outdoor Soccer Program is scheduled to run from April 24 until June 16, 2017 (dates subject to change).
- Spring Sports Registration runs from January 1- March 31 each year. Late registrants will not be accepted. Volunteer positions are removed from the options as they fill up so please remember to register early to get the choice you’d like.
- Soccer is organized and provided by the Hidden Valley Community Association but is parent coached.
- U4 – U8 practices and games are either at St. Elizabeth Seton School or Valley Creek School on Monday/Wednesday nights.
- HVCA U10 teams will be entered into the Inter Community House League (ICHL) and there will be no tryouts. Travel will be required as teams will be playing throughout communities in the northwest.
U4 and U6 are part of the CMSA Timbits Soccer Program within HVCA. Tim Horton’s provides a t-shirt for each player to use and keep. HVCA provides an individual photo, team photo and participant medal for each player to keep. HVCA also provides soccer balls and nets for each team to use. We recommend parents purchase running shoes / soccer cleats and shin pads. U4 and U6 Soccer will practice and play at Valley Creek School. Each team will have 2 practices/games scheduled per week (practice time is the first half of every game). Players are placed on teams randomly, with no skill tryouts. No scores are kept – the focus is on fun!
U8 players will receive a jersey to keep. We recommend parents purchase running shoes / soccer cleats and shin pads. HVCA provides participant medals and an individual photo and team photo for each player. U8 Soccer will practice and play at St. Elizabeth Seton School.
U10 players will receive a jersey, shorts and socks to keep. We recommend parents purchase running shoes/soccer cleats and shin pads. HVCA provides participant medals and an individual photo and team photo for each player. U10 Soccer will practice at St. Elizabeth Seton School and will play games at fields throughout Northwest Calgary. The program will run on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:00 - 7:30 with a possible additional practice on Saturday. The league is boy’s league, but girls are welcome to play on the team. If you would like a girl’s only team, please register with Northern Hills. U10 runs from April 25 - June 22.
**All Hidden Valley Community Association Sports Programs are run completely by volunteers. If you do not want to volunteer for a position below you do have to pay a one-time $100.00 fee per family for the spring sports program.
Volunteers are a critical component to the quality and success of HVCA soccer. Our programs are member-run and depend on volunteer support to ensure excellent and cost-effective programs for our young athletes.
As all Hidden Valley Community Association events are run by volunteers, we ask that you choose a volunteer option when registering for HVCA sports. The volunteer roles and descriptions are available below. Volunteer roles are removed from the list of options at registration as they fill up so be sure to register early to get your choice. Only one volunteer commitment is required per family regardless of the number of players registered. If you do not wish to volunteer or are not able to, you may opt out by paying the $100 non-volunteer fee. The fee will be added at the time of registration.
All volunteers will be required to submit a $100 deposit cheque. Cheques should be made out to HVCA, dated for the last day of the season and have the player’s name on the memo. The deposit will be returned or destroyed upon completion of the volunteer role chosen during registration. Families that opt out of volunteering by paying the $100 non-volunteer fee at registration are not required to submit a deposit. This policy is not intended as a fundraiser, rather to ensure participation from all families involved in HVCA soccer. Your participation in this program is genuinely appreciated.
To register one parent must volunteer in one of the following positions or you can opt to pay the $100 fee:
Outdoor Soccer Volunteer Role Descriptions (all times given are approximate)
U4, U6, U8 and U10 Co-coach (2-3 hours per week)
- Along with one or two other coaches, plan age-appropriate practice drills and oversee game play.
- Manage communication between HVCA and team participants (via email)
Cheque Collection (3 hours)
- Collect volunteer deposit cheques at the Hidden Hut and maintain accurate records of collections.
Equipment Hand Out/Return (4 hrs)
- Volunteers will be responsible for more than one of the following duties:
- Inventory equipment in the Hidden Hut
- Prepare equipment bags for team coaches
- Hand out equipment bags to coaches and maintain accurate records of equipment distributed
- Collect and inventory equipment bags at the end of the season
Field Lining (4 hrs)
- Under the direction of the lead volunteer, measure and mark fields throughout Valley Creek for U4, U6, U8 and U10 field sizes.
HVCA Casino (Approx 10 hrs per shift – Dates TBA – 4th Quarter 2017)
- 3 shifts x2 days (38 volunteers + back-ups)
- Day: 10:45-7:30p
- Night: 6:45-3:30a
- Count Room: 10:45p-3:30a
- Click HERE for Casino volunteer roles and descriptions
Easter Egg Hunt (4 hrs)
- Under direction of the event lead manage various aspects of the event such as (but not limited to) set up/clean up, hiding Easter eggs, handing out candy or managing craft stations at the Hidden Hut.
Family Kite Festival (4 hrs)
- Under direction of the event lead manage various aspects of the event such as (but not limited to) set up/clean up or managing kite making stations at the Hidden Hut.
Bottle Drive (4 hrs)
- Follow a route given by the HVCA to request donations of refundable drink containers from community residences. Collect the bottles and drop them off at the Hidden Hut or help with the drop off at the Hidden Hut.
Community Clean Up (4 hours)
- Direct users to correct disposal areas during community clean up at the Hidden Hut.
- Other duties may be requested of you.
Wind Up Party (4 hours)
- Food coordinator - secure donations from local businesses and purchase refreshments for the event.
- Volunteer coordinator - Contact volunteers (provided by HVCA) and ensure that all necessary positions are covered.
- Entertainment coordinator - contact entertainment provider (details available through HVCA) to arrange setup and scheduling of entertainment items.
- Assist coordinators in carrying out duties such as (but not limited to) food prep/serving, set up/clean up, deliveries, and monitoring activities.
Canada Day Celebration (4 hrs)
- Under direction of the event lead manage various aspects of the event such as (but not limited to) set up/clean up or managing snack/craft station at the Hidden Hut.
Stampede Barbecue (4 hrs)
- Under direction of the event lead manage various aspects of the event such as (but not limited to) set up/clean up or managing barbecue station at the Hidden Hut.
NOTE: All dates and times are subject to change.
Information on U12 and older
HVCA has not been able to secure enough registrations over past few seasons to feasibly provide programs for outdoor soccer for age groups over U10. We recommend that U12 /U14 players register with Northern Hills Community Association and let them know that you are from Hidden Valley. NHCA will try to put all Hidden Valley players together on the same team(s).
Northern Hills Community Website
Calgary West Soccer Club provides recreational leagues for older age groups.
Calgary West Soccer Club
If a Sports Program is canceled, you will be notified in advance and your Registration Fee will be returned.
All membership fees are non-refundable.
You can cancel registration in a Sports Program up until two (2) weeks before a Sports Program starts, your Registration Fee will be returned less a 20% Administration Fee.
If you wish to cancel after a Sports Program starts, your Registration Fee less a 20% Administration Fee can only be returned for medical reasons, requiring a doctor's note. You will be asked to return all borrowed sport equipment including uniform.
For any change to registration or you require a refund please contact sports(at)hiddenhut(dot)org