June 20, 2020
'Tis the Season to plan a Block Party!
Saturday June 15th is the The City of Calgary’s Neighbour Day. This is a great opportunity for members of the community to plan/host a neighbourhood event. The City of Calgary is waiving its Block Party Permit Fees until May 24th. If you want to get to know your neighbours, think of something that you can do to make it happen whether that is a block party or a neighbourhood clean-up event, June 15th is the day!
10 Reasons to Have a Block Party:
- To have fun – no excuses or reasons needed
- To provide an opportunity to know your neighbours and where they live
- To establish friendships
- To increase a sense of belonging to a community
- To meet neighbours who may be able to help you with a gardening problem, or lend you that needed ingredient for a recipe
- To encourage neighbours to look after the neighbourhood
- To help with safety/crime prevention by knowing who lives where and who does not
- To learn who might need a little extra help from time to time
- To increase security by knowing each other’s schedules
- To develop and opportunity to meet some of the old time neighbours and learn about the history of your community
For more information about planning your Neighbour Day visit the City of Calgary’s Neighbor Day website!
In partnership with